Friday, November 21, 2008

Arizona Day 7...

I wasn't the best at keeping Steve company on the drive home from this trip. I really wanted to finish Twilight because I knew everyone would be talking about it again with the movie coming out, so I read a lot of the drive home. I can't say that I've ever read a book that fast. I have to say that-- I loved it!

We planned to stop at the Dam again on our way back and take a dam tour (he he he). Had we'd known that the last tour of the day is at 3:00 we wouldn't have shown up at 3:20. Dam tours! We did spend about an hour in the visitors center. My grandpa Chamberlain actually helped build the dam.



Then we drove about another hour to Grandma & Grandpa Chamberlain's house in Kanab to spend the night. Steve and I had a bet on dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's house. He bet me a 30 minute massage (from him) that there would be beans served at dinner. I probably shouldn't have gone along with this because Grandma is kind of notorious for beans (black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans...you get the point) but I thought I'd give it a shot. When we showed up and Grandma asked if we'd rather have squash soup or curry chicken and rice, I voted for the chicken and rice. No beans! Well, then she had some apple cake with ice cream for dessert. Grandpa suggested that we put some almonds on it so he brought those out along with some dried edamame. Now, think to yourself...what are edamame? Well, of course they are soy beans. But they looked like nuts--hard, green. Steve wouldn't let me live it down! After a lot of arguing, he said he was right but he still gave me a massage! What a guy! The rest of the night consisted of Grandpa telling Steve stories of working on the dam and Kaitlyn & Michael playing with the marble track. Grandma read some books to Kate, too.

1 comment:

Pam Jorgensen said...

Okay really? You guys were in Casa Grande, AZ?! That's like 30mins from my house! You could have at least WAVED while driving thru the metro area...we live in south Gilbert. Seriously...you were DANG close!

Ahhh well...maybe next time!