I told Kaitlyn she could have her first birthday party for her 4th birthday. She wanted a "Princess Party" and so I took down the names of the girls she wanted there and she was so excited to take the invitations up to each girl's door. In fact, she was very concerned and almost started crying when a few of them weren't home and she thought they wouldn't be able to come to the party. All the girls came in their princess dresses, then we made some bracelets, opened presents, played with magic wands (now I have gold glitter all over) and ate cake and ice cream. 
The princess cake...
Uncle Mike and aunt Natalie were here to share Kaitlyn's birthday. We told Kaitlyn she could choose somewhere to go for dinner...so we headed to McDonalds and played on the playplace.
Yeah, she thinks he's wierd too :)
The excitement...

Kaitlyn got a new princess doll...pretty much exactly like the one she already has but CLEAN with no dreads! Hmmm...which one do you think she likes better though? We told her that the new one was so much better because it's clean, her hair is soft, she doesn't have pen on her face (what else can we think of ?)...but when Kate went to bed with her "new" princess doll and woke up in the morning she had a couple little tears in her eyes as she said, "I know that my other princess doll is dirty but I just love her." Talk about tearing at the heart strings! Needless to say we gave in and she's sleeping with both dolls now.
We had to laugh as Kaitlyn got three of the exact same little doll for Christmas this year...one from me, one from my mom, one from Lori. What are the chances? Kaitlyn loves her new triplets, though!

5 comments:
Awe, Kaitlyn is so cute. I love that she loves both her dolls. Tia does the same thing, except I'm having a hard time convincing her that her baby dolls need her clothes on! I couldn't help but chuckle when I got a better look at her doll's dreads, they are awesome! Thanks for sharing your sweet family, I love reading your bolg!
Ok, the doll with the dreads...love her!!! And I love Kaitlyn and all the cute things she comes up with. Happy Birthday!!!
Kaitlyn is 4!!! Holy cow! Where did time go?
That is so cute that she wanted her old doll back. I didn't think the dolls hair was "that bad" until I saw the new shiny one. LOL!
What a fun party. I just returned from visiting Patty near Baltimore for Malan's 4th birthday! We had a "Fancy Nancy" party and I made tutu's for all the girls. I really enjoy reading your blog. What a darling family. tori
Kaitlyn is so adorable! I love that she is so into Cinderella. Bryanna is too. Her cake is super cute!
Post a Comment