Friday, May 4, 2012
Steve and I decided to go hike Adams Canyon for a Friday night date. Kaitlyn & Michael had gone to see cousin Sara in a play with their grandma & grandpa Terry and some of the other cousins. We borrowed a backpack for Logan and headed up Highway 89. We started on the trail at 7:00 pm and I was hoping to be hiking out as we watched the sunset. Steve had been on most of the hike with the YM previously, but never to the waterfall. When we reached the first small waterfall we thought we had got to the top. After taking pictures and spending some time there, we asked someone if this was the main waterfall and they said no. The sun was starting to go down, but we headed further up the canyon. We had a little bit of a hard time finding the trail, but finally made it to the big waterfall! Steve was so nice as he moved rocks in the stream so I wouldn't get my shoes wet. Even though it was hard to see as we hiked out in the dark, it was a lot of fun just to hike and talk. Logan was really good, hardly even made a peep! I don't think Steve and I had been hiking together in a few years! That's something we used to do all the time and I hope we can start doing it more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment