Saturday, June 13, 2009

Girl's Camp

I had so much fun at Girl's Camp! I hadn't been since I was in YW, and I got called as the assistant camp director this year. It was a lot of work getting ready but with a lot of people working together we did it! We had a "BOOT CAMP" with the theme of "Who Will You Be?" Our Boot Camp was complete with dog tags, moving up in the ranks, face paint, camo, hiking boots, whistles, marshmallow guns and even boot camp workouts in the morning. We played capture the flag for quite a few hours because the girls loved it so much! We also had a really neat experience with our friend "Rose" who taught us all a lesson on how to treat others with kindness. The food was amazing (my pants are a little tighter as a result of eating too much), the weather turned out to be great and a real answer to prayer as it was supposed to rain the whole time, but we only saw a few minutes of rain each day. We slept in tents on grass around a cabin on Bear Lake. It was so beautiful and so nice. I hope I get to go again next year!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Looks like wonderful! I am glad you loved it.

Minnette said...

Sounds like a "PAR-TAY" to me! I'm so glad that you had fun and that the weather was nice :)