We didn't see a single firework this 4th of July, but we still had a great time. My cousin Shane took us fishing on the lake and I caught 2 fish. That makes my grand total a whopping 3 fish caught over my lifetime! Kaitlyn caught one too!
Me, Lori, Steve, uncle Dave, my mom and dad went for a run around the lake. My dad thought it would be about 2 miles. He was wrong! It was 5.6 miles with lots of hills at 8,000 ft. elevation. My heart was pounding pretty hard. I ran the first 3.6 miles and then walked and ran the rest of it. Me and my brother Jon and my mom also went for a bike ride later that day around the lake. It's a lot faster riding a bike!
We also enjoyed making our own rockets out of 2 liter bottles, filling them with water and launching them off an air compressor. Uncle Dave was my partner and Emily was paired up with Steve. Steve's rocket went pretty high on it's first flight, but flew into a tree and I think it might be there for years to come.
Our talent show was really good this year. Steve recited a funny poem, my dad and his brothers sang "I am a Mormon Boy", John's family sang with nose flutes and handed them out to everyone to join along, all the boy cousins filmed a movie remaking stories of grandpa and his kids, and Grandpa talked about the 4th of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment