Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Am a Child of God

I can't believe how much Kaitlyn is growing up! Just in the last week she has surprised us in being able to sing "I Am a Child of God" and also saying an entire prayer from start to finish--all on her own!

We sat down for dinner a few nights ago and Steve said, "Let's say the blessing." Kaitlyn folded her arms and proceeded all on her own with these words:

"Heavenly Father: Thank you for this day. Thank you for the food. Families. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Steve and I actually opened our eyes during the prayer and looked at each other with amazement. I couldn't believe that our 25 month old daughter just said an entire prayer with no help at all! That is a precious moment in my life that I hope to remember forever.

Kaitlyn's recent experiences have helped me to realize how much children are always listening and watching, whether we know it or not. She is the first to repeat anything I say or do. I also have realized how much Kaitlyn learns from going to nursery at church each week. She has wonderful nursery leaders who teach her so much. Thank you!

Kaitlyn's favorite songs she loves to sing are: "I Am a Child of God", "Once There Was a Snowman", and "Ring Around the Rosies". Check out her rendition of "Ring Around the Rosies" in this video:

2 comments:

Stott Family 5 said...

She is THE BEST nursery child ever! I am not kidding, she is so easy..I love her little personality, and she talks so much now, it seems like it was just yesterday, that she was like this tiny little baby that I felt like I had to protect from all the nursery bullies, now we have no worries she can hold her own! She is so sweet, we just love her!

Jessica said...

Priceless! Aren't we so lucky to have the technology to capture moments like this!