June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008
Steve and I were able to go to President Hinckley's funeral in the Conference Center this morning. It was a neat experience to be there in that beautiful building that came about because of his efforts. I was doing pretty well holding the tears in until they showed pictures of the prophet throughout his presidency. A fountain of tears streamed down my face as I felt how much I loved this prophet. When his casket was being wheeled out of the conference center, I remembered when President Hinckley would leave each session of Conference out that same door and would wave his cane to the audience. I felt a sadness as I realized I would not see him wave his cane again. I will miss the love he showed toward all of us. He truly was a great man and is a prophet of God. I am thankful for the things he has taught me, for the spirit I have felt in his presence, and the teachings that he leaves as a legacy for us all.

No comments:
Post a Comment