
This 4th of July started off with me running in the Kaysville 5K race. My neighbors Joni and Jesse ran it with me. Joni and I ran all the way together and I finished in 26:23! It was my goal to finish under 27 minutes so I was pretty excited. They give you a little card after the finish telling you how fast you ran and what place you came in. My pace was 8:29 min/mile, and I finished 30th place of 237 women and 5th of 44 women in my age group. I was pretty excited to see any number in the top ten!!
This was our first year going to the Kaysville Parade. I think it was the longest parade I've ever been to, and we didn't even stay the entire time. The marching band started off the parade and everyone stood up and put their hand over their heart when they saw the flag. Then out of no where four jets flew overhead in formation. I don't know what it is, but EVERY time I see jets flying in formation at parades, football games, wherever...it just makes me cry! I LOVE IT!! We even got Kaitlyn to put her hand(s) over her heart.
OH! I think the funniest part of the parade was when a float went by and literally at least 75 rice crispy treats got dumped on Michael's head! He totally started crying! He was sitting in his stroller with rice crispy treats all around him! They must've thrown an entire box or something. After all the kids around us were finished scrambling for treats, we still made it home with about 20 rice crispy treats!
The festivities continued on with eating dinner at Allison's house followed by "Jackson Street of Fire". This year they poured gas in the shape of the Olympic Rings on the street and then lit it on fire. All the fireworks everyone brought were lit off at the same time. When we got home, Steve and I watched Lagoon, Kaysville, and Layton fireworks from our backyard.
I'm so thankful to live in a country where we can enjoy our freedom!
5 comments:
Nice work on your time! That's awesome. Maybe next year we can run together.
I'm so impressed with you! You are always up to something fun! Your pictures do not just look like balls of fire--I think they turned out great.
You are wonder woman! I'm SO impressed with your running abilities. No wonder you look so great! Sounds like a very fun day!
That seriously looks so fun! You guys had a great weekend! That is so awesome! Congrats on the race! You are such a great runner! I will never keep up!
How fun! Congrats on the race that is SO great! You are the fastest women I know! I think your nickname is "wonder women" now...You should totally be her for halloween ;).
Post a Comment