Last week I was really excited to go to the Grand Opening of our new D.I. store in Layton. My sister, Lori, who used to work at D.I., told me that grand openings are a huge deal. They have workers go to other D.I. stores and keep the "good stuff" for the grand opening. I had a list written out of things I wanted to get there (you never know what you'll find, though). When I drove up to the new store it was INSANE. I got there right when it opened and there were people that had been standing in line to get in! The entire parking lot was full, so I drove back to the old D.I. (which is right next to it) and it was almost full--I parked there. People were even parking across the street at Sam's Club. It was seriously crazy how many people were there! I was lucky enough to get a shopping cart and I managed to fill it up! I bought toys for the kids for Christmas, a bunch of children's books (not like I really needed those-but I just can't resist), 2 really cute Sunday dresses for Kaitlyn, and 8 skirts for me! I know, I kind of felt stupid buying 8 skirts. But I got all 8 for about the same price as 1 new skirt! During my 2 hour stay at the new D.I., I was looking through the clothes when out of the corner of my eye I saw a guy taking a picture of me. It kind of scared me at first, but then I realized he was a reporter. So now I'm in the Church News! And yes, I know my name is spelled wrong. Heidi Perry...I even spelled it out for him and tried my best to enunciate the "T" in Terry. I'm going to have to start saying "T as in Tiger".

5 comments:
k---my dad told me today that he saw my friend who lives across the street in the newspaper today! you seriously are a celebrity!!
Okay first it's the news with the national anthem . . .now this.
Um. Can I have your autograph?
I am so excited you found so much stuff! You look way cute in the picture they took of you too!
What can I say the camera loves you! That is so fun! I love D.I, call me if you ever need a D.I. buddy.
You just keep getting more and more famous, Heidi Perry! One of these days I will need an autograph, and just think when you sing the national anthem at the Jazz game! Oh my!
Post a Comment