Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yard Work


Steve worked really hard to get our main flower bed looking good again. We ended up taking out all the aspen trees, which we loved, but they were sending up more starters than we could handle. We were really sad that one of our pine trees died, but we had to take that out too. Then we tilled everything else under. I knew it was a bad sign when while we were undertaking this project several neighbors mentioned how pretty our large rocks were and asked when/where we got them. I guess with all the vine ground cover, weeds, grass, and aspen starters, the rocks we had had there since we moved in were hidden!
I think it turned out really nice, though. We made it more mounded, planted a choke cherry tree, riverside pine, and an amur flame maple tree, along with a fake river bed and some stepping stones. We are also going to get a big flat rock to make a little bridge. Hopefully it will be less maintenance and we can keep it looking the way it does now!


BEFORE (well...kind of during the process)

AFTER

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

Pretty! What a difference that makes!

Parkin Family said...

Wow! nice work. It looks amazing!

Rob Dog said...

Nice job! It looks awesome!! Your yard looks huge!!

Stott Family 5 said...

Wow, that looks awesome! Come and do our yard now...I have lacked the motivation, and energy, and all other things yard related to get out there and work in ours! Your's looks beautiful, love the riverbed.

Jessica said...

Looks great--and like a lot of work! Wow! I'm impressed!