Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Small Moment of Fame!

Yesterday my friend Kami and I tried out to sing the National Anthem at a Jazz game. So here is our small moment in fame when we ended up on the news! We actually thought we were going to be on channel 4 news because a guy interviewed us on camera as we were leaving, but thankfully that embarrassing moment didn't end up being televised. We were #28 to try out and only stayed to listen up to #45. There were a lot of soloists that showed up to try out, several mens quartets, a family, a few kids, including a 3 year old! We were suprisingly the only women's duet, and the only ones wearing Jazz jerseys! Well, who knows if we'll make it or not (they let us know by mail), but it was fun to practice and try out anyway!
Click on this link if you want to check out the short news story:
http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=89D6555A88B2A6B231D37B043758D60C?contentId=7672206&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That's awesome! And you guys are the main picture on that website! I'm glad you put this on here... Mom said she saw you on ABC so I was trying to find the video but I couldn't. I'm sure this one was better anyway :)

littlest said...

you guys look beautiful!! and you sound incredible! out of all the clips......you guys are a definite!

good luck!

Minnette said...

You two are amazing! I loved it, the jerseys were a nice touch. Your are SO in! That is so exciting, I can't wait, I hope you hear back soon!

Perry Family said...

SO COOL!!!!! Heidi, you two sounded amazing! Wish you were in my ward choir! :) Good Luck, hope you get it...you'll have to let us know!

Parkin Family said...

That was AMAZING! I am sure you guys will get to do one. The judges would be deaf if they didn't take you. I want to come to the game you sing at!!!

Brett and Michelle said...

You guys did so good! I am sure you made it. I was so excited when Kami told me about you guys trying out. I have been counting down to the day for like the last month since I found out. You guys looked beautiful too.

Dahly Mama said...

Wow! You supa star you, Heidi!!! Will you acknowledge me as your aunt when you're famous???
No, but you have my vote!! You two sounded the best!

Jessica said...

Thats pretty cool. Can I have your autograph now? Oh, and for sure if you guys make it we should all get tickets and come watch :)

Stott Family 5 said...

I can't even imagine that they wouldn't pick you two! You guys were by huge amounts the best sounding of the whole lot of them...not to mention the best looking! The Jazz jersey's should be a definate. I knew you could both sing, but WOW. You will be my new claim to fame...I love it!