This chili is SOOOOO good! I had it at my sister's house several months ago and it was amazing. I needed a chili recipe for our ward halloween party (I've never made chili before this) and so I got the recipe. It has a sweet & hot flavor to it. My sister made it last year for her ward's Halloween party and one the chili cookoff and I won an award this year!! I'm not taking any of the credit...it's just the recipe is amazing! Anyway, in celebration of Halloween & Fall...here's a good recipe.
LION HOUSE CHILI
1 pound diced lean beef (I just use ground beef)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 teasponn crushed red pepepr flakes
1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon granulated garlic, or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cans (8 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
4 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups tomato soup
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup brown sugar
Sour cream
Cheese, grated
Onion, finely chopped
Preheat large heavy skillet or Dutch oven. Brown beef, bell peppers, onion, and spices together in canola oil. When beef is browned, add remaining ingredients and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occassionally. Garnish with dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, and finely chopped onion. Serves 8 to 10.
1 comment:
Heidi, you are an answer to Taden's prayers! He loves chili and has been asking me to find a recipe so that I can make some. I never have, I just buy it. I'm really excited to try this recipe, thanks!
Post a Comment