Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch






Today we took a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. The tractor pulled us out to the pumpkin patch where we each got to pick our own pumpkins! I couldn't resist taking some more pictures when we got back to our house.

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

those are some great pictures! I just love Michael's little pumpkin outfit! Kaitlyn is SO beautiful! Looks like the kids had a blast.

Natalie said...

I love those pictures! I was just thinking the other day that pictures of little kids at pumpkin patches are so cute. You read my mind!

Lorraine said...

Those pictures are darling! What cute little "punkins" they are..

Bangerter family said...

I think that I would pick michael for my pumpkin! He is so cute!!

Perry Family said...

For the carmel,get the kind that is like small beads, add some water and its ready to melt over a double broiler or microwave, and you can buy it at walmart. One bag does about 5 apples. The smaller the green apple, the easier they are to handle...mine were too big this year!
Then place the freshly done carmel apples on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and into the fridge/freezer to set quickly.
Once set, dip them in milk and/or white chocolate (I use the ghiradeli...sp? and its available at sam's club where all the baking stuff is. It comes in blocks, so you can brake it up and melt it in the microwave....but the trick is to not over heat it.
After you dip the apple in chocolate, you can roll it in your favorite topping (ie: chopped and toasted pecans/almonds, oreo, graham cracker crust, coconut, butterfinger...you get the idea!!)
Also, don't forget to buy the popcycle sticks to handle the apples. that's the hardest part, shoving the stick in!
Good Luck, and hope you have lots of fun...the girls will love it.
We just did our daddy/daughter dinner date last night and it turned out really good!!